Toggle menu


Planning permission, applications, policies and guidance

Map icon


Doing Work Without Permission

In most cases, when someone wants to develop a piece of land or a building (including changing it's use), they will need to apply for planning permission to do so. A development without planning permission is known as 'unauthorised development'.

Public Access Terms and Conditions

Torridge District Council is committed to the highest standard of quality information and every attempt has been made to present up to date and accurate information.

Rural Guidance

This document has been prepared by Planning Officers at North Devon Council and Torridge District Council following discussion with North Devon+, the National Farmers Union and local farmers in order to assist farmers with submission of planning applications and provide advice on permitted development for farm businesses. The document is not formal planning policy and is to written to act as signposting guidance for farmers.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email