Residents permits are a convenient choice for people who live close to one of our car parks, but work elsewhere. Residents permits provide parking before and after work Monday to Saturday (covering the period between 4pm to 10am), and parking all day Sunday.
They are limited to one per household, and are subject to the following eligibility:
- your permanent residence is within the immediate vicinity of your chosen car park
- your vehicle fits wholly in a parking bay
- your vehicle is registered at your permanent residence as above, or is a company vehicle which you have the use of
A residents permit can only be purchased annually, and costs £100.00 for a 12 month period. Potential savings vary by car park.
They can only be purchased for car parks where residents parking is allowed, listed below:
- Appledore: Churchfields, Odun Road, West Appledore
- Bideford: Bridge Street, Honestone Street, Riverbank Long Stay, The Pill
- East the Water: Clarence Wharf
- Holsworthy: The Manor
- Torrington: Barley Grove and Sydney House (South Street)
- Westward Ho!: Main
You will need:
- an account on our online permits system
- your vehicle's registration number (number plate)
- a debit or credit card
Terms and Conditions
- The use of this permit does not preclude you from receiving a Penalty Charge Notice should you fail to comply with these terms and conditions or commit any other offence contrary to the District of Torridge Off Street Parking Places Order 2023. Please see the information board in the car park for further details.
- The Council accepts no liability for the loss or damage to vehicles or the contents thereof.
- In using this permit in your designated vehicle you are agreeing to the Council's terms & conditions contained herein and within the above mentioned Order.