Your data: Complaints and Referrals
Service Specific Privacy Notice - Complaints and Referrals
This notice contains service specific privacy information and should be read in conjunction with our pages detailing privacy information common to all service areas, such as how to contact the Data Protection Officer, Exercising of Your Rights, Data Storage and Retention and Feedback and Complaints.
Lawful Basis for Processing of Personal Data
The Data Protection Act requires that personal data is collected and processed only where there is a lawful basis to do so. The lawful basis' which applies in this instance are as follows:
- Public task: the processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest and for our official functions, and has a clear basis in law.
Lawful Basis for Processing of Special Category Personal Data
In some cases it may be necessary for us to collect hold and process information of a more sensitive nature. Where this is the case, the lawful basis' for us to do so is as follows:
- Substantial Public Interest: processing is proportionate to the aim pursued and has a basis in UK law. Suitable and specific measures are used to safeguard the fundamental rights and the interests of data subjects.
- Legal Claims: processing may be necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal actions.
Purpose of Processing Personal information
We are collecting your personal data for the following purposes:
- Health and public awareness campaigns
- Licensing and regulatory activities
- Crime prevention and the prosecution of offenders
Personal Data Collected from Third Parties
Please note that the following information:
- Personal details
May be obtained from third parties such as:
To ensure that the council provides you with an efficient and effective service we will sometimes need to share your information between teams within the council.
We may also share information with third parties that support the delivery of the services you receive or where we are legally obliged to do so. Information we hold may be shared with the following types of organisation:
- Family, associates or representatives of the individual (for example if you are hard of hearing)
- Healthcare, social and welfare organisations
- Local government
- Press and media
- Courts and tribunals
- Police forces
- Housing associations and landlords
- Regulatory bodies such as the Environment Agency
- Legal representatives/defence solicitors
We will only ever share your information if we are satisfied that our partners or suppliers have sufficient measures in place to protect your information in the same way that we do.
We will never share your information for marketing purposes.
Obligation to Provide Personal Data
Any failure to provide your personal information may prevent or delay us meeting our statutory requirements or in providing you with a timely and effective service.
Automated Decision Making
There are no automated decision making processes used in the provision of this service.