Your data: Planning Support - Applications
Service Specific Privacy Notice
This notice contains service specific privacy information and should be read in conjunction with our pages detailing privacy information common to all service areas, such as how to contact the Data Protection Officer, Exercising of Your Rights, Data Storage and Retention and Feedback and Complaints.
Lawful Basis for Processing of Personal Data
The Data Protection Act requires that personal data is collected and processed only where there is a lawful basis to do so. The lawful basis' which applies in this instance are as follows:
- Public task: the processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest and for your official functions, and has a clear basis in law.
Lawful Basis for Processing of Special Category Personal Data
In some cases it may be necessary for us to collect hold and process information of a more sensitive nature. Where this is the case, the lawful basis for us to do so is as follows:
- Substantial public interest: processing of health and wellbeing information may be necessary under UK law where this is relevant to the application. In such cases the processing will be proportionate and appropriate safeguards applied.
Purpose of Processing Personal information
We are collecting your personal data for the following purposes:
- Activities we are required to carry out as a data controller and public authority, specifically the administration and processing of planning applications.
Personal Data Collected from Third Parties
Please note that the following information:
- Personal details
- Health and wellbeing information
May be obtained from third parties such as:
- Representatives or appointed agents
- Healthcare, social and welfare organisations, such as your GP
To ensure that the council provides you with an efficient and effective service we will sometimes need to share your information between teams within the council.
We may also share information with third parties that support the delivery of the services you receive or where we are legally obliged to do so. Information we hold may be shared with the following types of organisation:
- Family associates or appointed representatives
- Healthcare social and welfare organisations, such as your GP
- Local and Central Government, such as the Planning Inspectorate
- Press and media
- Courts and tribunals
- Political organisations, such as your MP
- Professional advisors, such as the district valuer
- Legal representatives and defence solicitors
We will only ever share your information if we are satisfied that our partners or suppliers have sufficient measures in place to protect your information in the same way that we do.
We will never share your information for marketing purposes.
Obligation to Provide Personal Data
Please note that there is a statutory requirement to provide your personal information in respect of this service
Any failure to provide your personal information may prevent or delay us meeting our statutory requirements or in providing you with a timely and effective service.
Automated Decision Making
There are no automated decision making processes used in the provision of this service.