Your data: Employee Management
Service Specific Privacy Notice - Human Resources - Employee Management
This notice contains service specific privacy information and should be read in conjunction with our pages detailing privacy information common to all service areas, such as how to contact the Data Protection Officer, Exercising of Your Rights, Data Storage and Retention and Feedback and Complaints.
Lawful Basis for Processing of Personal Data
The Data Protection Act requires that personal data is collected and processed only where there is a lawful basis to do so. The lawful basis' which applies in this instance are as follows:
- Contract: the processing is necessary as a result of an employment contract which we have with the individual.
- Legal Obligation: processing is necessary for us to comply with the law.
Lawful Basis for Processing of Special Category Personal Data
In some cases it may be necessary for us to collect hold and process information of a more sensitive nature. Where this is the case, the lawful basis for us to do so is as follows:
- Employment law: the processing is necessary to enable us to fulfil our obligations under employment law.
- Preventative or occupational medicine: the processing is necessary for the assessment of the working capacity of the employee.
Purpose of Processing Personal information
We are collecting your personal data for the following purposes:
- Supporting and managing our employees.
- Maintaining our own accounts and records.
Personal Data Collected from Third Parties
Please note that the following information:
- Employment references
- Health screening results
May be obtained from third parties such as:
- Current and past employers
- Service providers, for example occupational health and psychometric testing
To ensure that the council provides you with an efficient and effective service we will sometimes need to share your information between teams within the council.
We may also share information with third parties that support the delivery of the services you receive or where we are legally obliged to do so. Information we hold may be shared with the following types of organisation:
- Current past and prospective employers
- Housing associations and landlords
- Service providers - for example Occupational Health and Psychometric Testing
- Financial organisations - for example pension and payments providers
- Law enforcement and prosecuting authorities - for example in relation to speeding offences in company vehicles
- Regulatory Bodies - for example the Disclosure and Barring Service
- Local and Central Government - for example National Fraud Initiatives
We will only ever share your information if we are satisfied that our partners or suppliers have sufficient measures in place to protect your information in the same way that we do.
We will never share your information for marketing purposes.
Obligation to Provide Personal Data
Please note that there are both statutory and contractual requirements that make it necessary to provide your personal information in respect of this service.
Automated Decision Making
There are no automated decision making processes used in the provision of this service.