Your data: Elections
Service Specific Privacy Notice - Legal Sevices, Elections
This notice contains service specific privacy information and should be read in conjunction with our pages detailing privacy information common to all service areas, such as how to contact the Data Protection Officer, Exercising of Your Rights, Data Storage and Retention and Feedback and Complaints.
Lawful Basis for Processing of Personal Data
The Data Protection Act requires that personal data is collected and processed only where there is a lawful basis to do so. The lawful basis' which applies in this instance are as follows:
- Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law.
Purpose of Processing Personal information
We are collecting your personal data for the following purposes:
- We process personal information to maintain the Electoral Register.
Please note that in order to comply with current legislation your data may also be used for:
- Data matching under local and national fraud initiatives.
To ensure that the council provides you with an efficient and effective service we will sometimes need to share your information between teams within the council.
We may also share information with third parties that support the delivery of the services you receive or where we are legally obliged to do so. Information we hold may be shared with the following types of organisation:
- Organisations who buy the open register containing names and addresses
- Other organisations who take part in the National Fraud Initiative
- Other occupants of the individuals address
- Permitted recipients of the full electoral register, for example Experian
- Service providers, for example in relation to printing and software
We will only ever share your information if we are satisfied that our partners or suppliers have sufficient measures in place to protect your information in the same way that we do.
Please note that third parties who purchase the open register may use the information for marketing purposes.
Obligation to Provide Personal Data
Please note that there is a statutory requirement to provide your personal information in respect of this service
Automated Decision Making
There are no automated decision making processes used in the provision of this service.