Your data: Bideford Harbour
Service Specific Privacy Notice - Bideford Harbour
This notice contains service specific privacy information and should be read in conjunction with our pages detailing privacy information common to all service areas, such as how to contact the Data Protection Officer, Exercising of Your Rights, Data Storage and Retention and Feedback and Complaints.
Lawful Basis for Processing of Personal Data
The Data Protection Act requires that personal data is collected and processed only where there is a lawful basis to do so. The lawful basis' which applies in this instance are as follows:
- Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
- Public Task: processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest and for our official functions, and has a clear basis in law.
Purpose of Processing Personal information
We are collecting your personal data for the following purposes:
- Maintaining our own accounts and records
- Provision of leisure and cultural services, for example leisure moorings
- Licensing and regulatory activities
- Provision of commercial services
To ensure that the council provides you with an efficient and effective service we will sometimes need to share your information between teams within the council.
We may also share information with third parties that support the delivery of the services you receive or where we are legally obliged to do so. Information we hold may be shared with the following types of organisation:
- Service providers
- Regulatory bodies
- Local and central government
- Law enforcement and prosecuting authorities
We will only ever share your information if we are satisfied that our partners or suppliers have sufficient measures in place to protect your information in the same way that we do.
We will never share your information for marketing purposes.
Obligation to Provide Personal Data
Please note that there is a contractual requirement to provide your personal information in respect of this service
Any failure to provide your personal information may prevent or delay us meeting our statutory requirements or in providing you with a timely and effective service.
Automated Decision Making
There are no automated decision making processes used in the provision of this service.