Tourist permits are a great option if you are on holiday or visiting friends or family in Torridge. They allow you to park in the majority of Torridge District Council car parks without restriction.
They are not valid in our Northam Burrows, Windmill Lane (Northam) or Willet Street (Bideford) car parks, and a 1 hour maximum stay applies to our Manor Street (Bideford) car park.
A tourist permit costs £25 for 7 consecutive days of parking. They are limited to a maximum of 14 days (£50) per applicant in any 12 month period.
You can only purchase a tourist permit three weeks in advance.
To apply, you must:
- apply for a free 'Tourist Entitlement' permit through our online permits system (this is to prevent abuse of the system's automation)
- then, apply for a 'Tourist Permit'
You will need:
- an account on our online permits system
- your vehicle's registration number (number plate)
- a debit or credit card
Terms and Conditions
- Any alterations prior to start date must be made through the parking office. Either by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone 01237 428981 during office hours 09:00am - 16:00pm.
- All permits are now virtual and checked via ANPR (Automated Number Plate Recognition). No paper permits are issued.
- The permit is only valid in car parks operated by Torridge District Council. Please check the individual car parks for specific terms and conditions as stated on the information boards.
- The Council accepts no liability for the loss or damage to vehicles or the contents thereof.
- The use of the permit does not preclude you from receiving a Penalty Charge Notice should you fail to comply with these terms and conditions or commit any other offence contrary to the District of Torridge Off Street Parking Places Order 2021. Please see the information board in the car park for further details.
- In using the permit in your designated vehicle you are agreeing to the Council's terms & conditions contained herein and within the above mentioned Order.
- The permit is vehicle specific.