Register for tattooing, ear piercing, acupuncture and electrolysis
Anyone wishing to carry out the following treatments must be registered with their local council, unless they are a registered medical practitioner or dentist:
- ear piercing
- semi-permanent skin colouring (microblading)
Registration is required for both the person carrying out the treatment and the premises. The practice is controlled through compliance with byelaws in each case.
To apply, you will need to:
- complete the application form
- pay the one-off application fee, which covers the cost of administration and inspection of the premises
on the GOV.UK website
If you don't want to apply online, you can download an application form (PDF) [178KB] to complete, and send it back to us.
What happens once I've applied?
Once an application has been made and the fee paid, an Environmental Health Officer will contact you to arrange an inspection. The officer will check compliance with the byelaw requirements as well as ensuring that general health and safety requirements are being met.
If you have any queries, or require help with your application, please contact the Food and Safety Team.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 01237 428700
- post: Food and Safety Team, Torridge District Council, Riverbank House, Bideford EX39 2QG