Your data: Pre Application Advice
Service Specific Privacy Notice - Pre Application Advice
This notice contains service specific privacy information and should be read in conjunction with our pages detailing privacy information common to all service areas, such as how to contact the Data Protection Officer, Exercising of Your Rights, Data Storage and Retention and Feedback and Complaints.
Lawful Basis for Processing of Personal Data
The Data Protection Act requires that personal data is collected and processed only where there is a lawful basis to do so. The lawful basis' which applies in this instance are as follows:
- Legitimate Interests - processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of the authority and service user. The service user has made a specific request for advice in respect of a potential planning application.
Lawful Basis for Processing of Special Category Personal Data
In some cases it may be necessary for us to collect hold and process information of a more sensitive nature. Where this is the case, the lawful basis for us to do so is as follows:
- Substantial public interest: processing of health and wellbeing information may be necessary under UK law where this is relevant to the application. In such cases the processing will be proportionate and appropriate safeguards applied.
Purpose of Processing Personal information
We are collecting your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide advice on proposed planning applications prior to a full application being lodged.
Personal Data Collected from Third Parties
Please note that the following information:
- Personal details
- Health and wellbeing information
May be obtained from third parties such as:
- Representatives or appointed agents
- Healthcare, social and welfare organisations, such as your GP
To ensure that the council provides you with an efficient and effective service we will sometimes need to share your information between teams within the council.
We may also share information with third parties that support the delivery of the services you receive or where we are legally obliged to do so. Information we hold may be shared with the following types of organisation:
- Local and Central Government and other statutory consultees
- Professional Advisors, such as the District Valuer
We will only ever share your information if we are satisfied that our partners or suppliers have sufficient measures in place to protect your information in the same way that we do.
We will never share your information for marketing purposes.
Obligation to Provide Personal Data
Any failure to provide your personal information may prevent or delay us meeting our statutory requirements or in providing you with a timely and effective service.
Automated Decision Making
There are no automated decision making processes used in the provision of this service.