Your data: Waste and Recycling Service
This notice contains service specific privacy information and should be read in conjunction with our pages detailing privacy information common to all service areas, such as how to contact the Data Protection Officer, Exercising of Your Rights, Data Storage and Retention and Feedback and Complaints.
Lawful Basis for Processing of Personal Data
The Data Protection Act requires that personal data is collected and processed only where there is a lawful basis to do so. The lawful basis' which applies in this instance are as follows:
- Legal obligation: processing is necessary for us to comply with the law.
- Contract: processing is necessary for a contract we have with the customer.
Lawful Basis for Processing of Special Category Personal Data
In some cases it may be necessary for us to collect hold and process information of a more sensitive nature. Where this is the case, the lawful basis for us to do so is as follows:
Substantial Public Interest: processing has a basis in UK law and is proportionate to the service being provided, in this instance the provision of assisted waste collections.
Purpose of Processing Personal information
We are collecting your personal data for the following purposes:
- Maintaining our own accounts and records.
- Activities we are required to carry out as a public authority.
- The provision of non commercial services including refuse collections from residential properties.
- The provision of commercial services including garden waste collections.
To ensure that the council provides you with an efficient and effective service we will sometimes need to share your information between teams within the council.
We may also share information with third parties that support the delivery of the services you receive or where we are legally obliged to do so. Information we hold may be shared with the following types of organisation:
- Service Providers, for example hosted software services used by the waste team.
- We will only ever share your information if we are satisfied that our partners or suppliers have sufficient measures in place to protect your information in the same way that we do.
- We will never share your information for marketing purposes.
Obligation to Provide Personal Data
Please note that for some waste services there is a contractual requirement to provide your personal information.
Any failure to provide your personal information may prevent or delay us meeting our statutory requirements or in providing you with a timely and effective service.
Automated Decision Making
There are no automated decision making processes used in the provision of this service.