TDC launches new website and digital newsletter subscription service!
From 12th October residents and visitors will be able to log onto a new look website from Torridge District Council. Created with the user experience in mind, the platform includes many new features aimed at helping users to navigate the site and find the service and information they need quickly and easily. In a simultaneous launch there will also be options for users to select and sign up for a new email newsletter service from a comprehensive list of topics and interests.
New features of the site include:
- Improved accessibility including 'Recite' software which allows the user to change the language, font size or have text read out loud
- A clearer and more concise layout with new templates and compatibility with both desktop and mobile devices and platforms
- Access to our most frequently visited pages and tasks with fewer clicks
- Pay, Apply and Report options for many services allowing for the quick completion of common tasks such as ordering replacement recycling boxes and bags
- Closer links and integration with the council's social media channels
- A new email newsletter subscription service based on users interests and needs
Ken James, Leader of Torridge District Council said:
I'm extremely proud of the team who have delivered the new website and the collaboration across all departments, focusing on how information and access to services could be improved for our users. The recent pandemic has highlighted the need for effective digital communications and the new website will help us deliver a much better user experience.
Sarah Ayres, HR and Communications Manager said:
The new email newsletter will allow users to sign up to various services and topics that interest them. Subscribers can pick which service areas they want to receive regular updates from with topics ranging from Climate Change, to Business updates, Harbour news, Planning applications as well as timely information about grants, benefits and funding opportunities. Residents will also be able to sign up for refuse and recycling collection reminders, which will be emailed directly to the subscriber. Don't forget you can also follow us on: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and TikTok.