Your data: Housing Options
Service Specific Privacy Notice - Housing Options
This notice contains service specific privacy information and should be read in conjunction with our pages detailing privacy information common to all service areas, such as how to contact the Data Protection Officer, Exercising of Your Rights, Data Storage and Retention and Feedback and Complaints.
Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Data
The Data Protection Act requires that personal data is collected and processed only where there is a lawful basis to do so. The lawful basis' which applies in this instance are as follows:
- Public task: the processing is necessary for the Council to perform a task in the public interest or for its official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
Lawful Basis for Processing Special Category Personal Data
In some cases it may be necessary for us to collect hold and process information of a more sensitive nature. Where this is the case, the lawful basis for us to do so is as follows:
- Substantial public interest - the processing is proportionate in terms of the service being provided and has a basis in UK law.
Purpose of Processing Personal information
We are collecting your personal data for the following purposes:
- The provision of a statutory housing advice and homelessness service as required under the Housing Act 1996, as amended.
To ensure that the council provides you with an efficient and effective service we will sometimes need to share your information between teams within the council.
We may also share information with third parties that support the delivery of the services you receive or where we are legally obliged to do so. Information we hold may be shared with the following types of organisation:
- Family members, associates or other nominated representatives of the customer
- Healthcare, social and welfare organisations
- Service providers
- Local and central Government (including the H-CLIC project)
- Ombudsman and regulatory authorities
- Press and media (anonymised information only)
- Courts, tribunals and prisons
- Police forces
- Current and prospective landlords
- Housing associations
- Voluntary and Charitable organisations
- Partner agencies, approved organisations
- Legal representatives
We will only ever share your information if we are satisfied that our partners or suppliers have sufficient measures in place to protect your information in the same way that we do.
We will never share your information for marketing purposes.
Obligation to Provide Personal Data
Please note that there is a statutory requirement to provide your personal information in respect of this service
Any failure to provide your personal information may prevent or delay us meeting our statutory requirements or in providing you with a timely and effective service.
Automated Decision Making
There are no automated decision making processes used in the provision of this service.