Alcohol & Entertainment Licences

Premises and personal alcohol licences issued under the Licensing Act 2003

For the purposes of the Licensing Act 2003, the following are licensable activities:

(a)  the sale by retail of alcohol;

(b)  the supply of alcohol by or on behalf of a club to. or to the order of, a member of the club;

(c)  the provision of regulated entertainment;

(d)  the provision of late night refreshment.




To view current applications open for consultation CLICK HERE

  • Premises Licences ... more information

    To sell alcohol, provide regulated entertainment or late night refreshment, you need a licence from the local authority if you are in England and Wales.

  • Personal Alcohol Licences ... more information

    A personal licence authorises you to supply alcohol or allow the supply of alcohol at a premises that has a valid premises licence. Personal licences are needed to supervise the sale of alcohol in any premises, including pubs, off licences, restaurants and hotels.

  • Club Premises Certificates ... more information

    To authorise the supply of alcohol and regulated entertainment in a qualifying club you need a club premises certificate from your local authority. In a qualifying club there is technically no sale by retail of alcohol (except to guests) as the member owns part of the alcohol stock and the money passing across the bar is merely a mechanism to preserve equity between members where one may consume more than another. In order to constitute a qualifying club you must also satisfy the various requirements set out in the Licensing Act 2003.

  • Review of premises licences or club premises certificates

    Information on how to apply for a review of a premises licence or club premises certificate.

  • Hypnotism ... more information

    If you wish to show, demonstrate or perform a hypnotism act in public, you must have authorisation from the local authority in England and Wales. You must comply with any conditions attached to an authorisation.

  • Sex Establishments ... more information

    To run a sex establishment you will require a licence from the Local Authority. 'Sex establishments' includes sex shops, sex cinemas and sexual entertainment venues.

  • Exempt Entertainment ... more information

    The Government has amended the law to exempt certain types of regulated entertainment from the requirement for a licence.

  • Planning A Community Event ... more information

    If you wish to hold a special community event, there are a number of things you will need to consider depending on the nature and size of your event. For example, you may need permission to close local streets in your village for a carnival or you may need to apply for licences to carry out certain activities. You can obtain most of this information by clicking on the website links on this page.

  • Door Supervisors ... more information

    Any person working as a Door Supervisor must be registered with the Security Industry Authority (SIA). Further details about the SIA are included on this webpage.