Complaints About Councillors

About the conduct of a Councillor

The Standards Committee of the Council is responsible for overseeing the conduct of District Councillors and Parish/Town Councillors from within the District of Torridge.

Every Councillor has agreed to comply with a Code of Conduct adopted by their Council. The Torridge District Council Code of Conduct can be found using the link to the right of this page.

If you feel that a Councillor may have breached the terms of the relevant Code of Conduct, you may make a complaint, in the first instance to the Monitoring Officer of Torridge District Council.

To make a complaint, you should write to:

The Monitoring Officer,

Torridge District Council, Riverbank House, Bideford, Devon.  EX39 2QG

Alternatively, you may e-mail your complaint to:- monitoringofficer@torridge.gov.uk

If you have any questions about the process you may contact the Monitoring Officer on 01237 428763