The role of the Economic Regeneration Team at Torridge is to help develop the local economy and provide strategic input to local and regional economic policy making. The Council is committed to attracting new jobs to the area through it's inward investment programme and works in partnership with other agencies.
The Economic Regeneration Team works throughout the region to promote the interests of Torridge District, its businesses and communities.
The Economic Regeneration Service is headed up by Vanessa Saunders as Special Projects Manager, with Sean Kearney as Project Officer. At the Caddsdown Business Support Centre support is provided by Pauline Hawkes and Lynne Collins.
email@example.com 01237 428726
firstname.lastname@example.org 01237 428708
The Economic Regeneration Team seeks to fulfil the Corporate Objectives of the Council which are constantly under review:
- Improvement of Economic Infrastructure
- Economic Sector Development
- Provide Business Support
- Support Innovation and Technology
- Marketing for Inward Investment and Image
- Promote Skills and Learning
- Economic Regeneration Project Management
- Management of land and property
A key feature of the Department's work is partnership working and facilitation with other agencies. For any form of advice and support please contact us at email@example.com or 01237 428700.
The Economic Regeneration Team aims to achieve sustainable economic growth within Torridge by promoting urban regeneration projects and stimulating the rural economy for the benefit of the whole community. We will translate plans for sustainable economic development into action by delivering initiatives through North Devon +.
How we plan to do it....we will:
- Develop the five key sites within the Bideford Regeneration Initiative and the Westward Ho! Regeneration Project using private/public sector finance to deliver both economic and community benefits.
- Facilitate the development of sustainable rural communities using Holsworthy as an exemplar with sustainable communities built around an Agri-business centre centred on the relocation of the successful livestock market.
- Develop projects identified in the Torridge Rural Action Plan including the further development of sustainable rural tourism initiatives including building on the success of the Ruby Country and Bude Canal initiatives.
- Provide regeneration projects in conjunction with partners to benefit the whole community such as Cleave Wood Business Park and Appledore Fishdock.
- Harness the potential of the environment for economic benefit by assisting in the delivery and servicing of a large scale offshore renewable energy project.
- Continue to support North Devon + as the primary economic delivery agent in northern Devon.
Industrial Sites and Premises
The Economic Regeneration Team manages Caddsdown Business Support Centre and the managed workspace units at the Caddsdown site.
Wolf Valley Business Park
The Wolf Valley Business Park offers a fully refurbished industrial unit with B1/B8 planning consent.
- 1,250 square feet of space
- Clear span floor area
- Three phase electricity
- Excellent access to the A30
- £4700 per annum
New Build: This will be warehousing of 3000 square foot which can be divided into 3 units of 1000 square feet, it will include three phase electricity and a large loading area and be competively priced.
For further information or site visit contact:
John - 01566 784295 or 07966599184
Gary Hooper, Kivells Commercial - 01566 770770