Local Land Charges (Searches)
The Local Land Charges Team is responsible for providing this Council's Local Authority Search process. This includes the maintenance of the Local Land Charges Register, the issue of Official Search Certificates and responses to the CON29 Enquiries of local authority questionnaire.
Torridge District Council is committed to the provision of an efficient, effective and value for money Local Land Charges Search and Enquiry Service. The articles found on this site are intended to provide useful information about this service. Where relevant, "related articles", "links" and "downloads" can be found on the right of the web page.
Local Land Charges
A Local Land Charge (LLC) is a restriction/prohibition or a financial charge on the land or property that is binding on successive owners or occupiers. Local Land Charges would not normally be disclosed by an examination of the title deeds or by inspection of the land or property itself.
Torridge District Council's Local Land Charges Team will :-
- endeavour to ensure that the search replies and correspondence are processed efficiently and accurately within five working days;
- make available (through the Local Law Society and other bodies) all current fees and publish these where appropriate, give as much notice as is reasonably practical (a minimum of six weeks) of any adjustment, and except in exceptional circumstances change fees annually on 1st April only;
- publish and set out the services available to persons who attend the offices in connection with "Personal Searches" of the Local Land Charges Register;
- make available statistics on the Council's performance in meeting the Audit Commission's Performance Indicators by publication in local newspapers and upon request. Monthly updates to the Council's Search Turnaround Statistics will be available on these pages;
- publish the name of the person to contact for any complaints about the service provided (and for individual searches);
- inform the applicant if the search response is likely to be delayed and explain the reason why;
- actively seek ways of improving the quality of our service;
- assist with search related enquiries.