The role of the Economic Regeneration Team at Torridge is to help develop the local economy and provide strategic input to local and regional economic policy making. The Council is committed to attracting new jobs to the area through it's inward investment programme and works in partnership with other agencies.
The Economic Regeneration Team works throughout the region to promote the interests of Torridge District, its businesses and communities.
The Economic Regeneration service sits within Commercial and Leisure services department of the Council which is lead by Sean Kearney as Commercial and Leisure Services Manager.
email@example.com 01237 428700
The Economic Regeneration Team seeks to fulfil the Corporate Objectives of the Council which are constantly under review:
- Improvement of Economic Infrastructure
- Economic Sector Development
- Provide Business Support
- Support Innovation and Technology
- Marketing for Inward Investment and Image
- Promote Skills and Learning
- Economic Regeneration Project Management
- Management of land and property
A key feature of the Department's work is partnership working and facilitation with other agencies. For any form of advice and support please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01237 428700.
The Economic Regeneration Team aims to achieve sustainable economic growth within Torridge by promoting urban regeneration projects and stimulating the rural economy for the benefit of the whole community. We will translate plans for sustainable economic development into action by delivering initiatives through North Devon +.
How we plan to do it....we will:
- Develop key sites within the Bideford and the Westward Ho! using private/public sector finance to deliver both economic and community benefits.
- Facilitate the development of sustainable rural communities using Holsworthy as an exemplar with sustainable communities built around an Agri-business centre centred on the relocation of the successful livestock market.
- Provide regeneration projects in conjunction with partners to benefit the whole community such as Cleave Wood Business Park and Appledore Fishdock.
- Continue to support North Devon + as the primary economic delivery agent in northern Devon.
Industrial Sites and Premises
The Property Team manages Caddsdown Business Support Centre and the managed workspace units at the Caddsdown site.