Housing Benefit & Council Tax Support
A means-tested benefit available for those on a low income, to assist in payment of Rent.
Within this section you will find details of Housing Benefit, Council Tax Support and Fraud Investigation Services. We hope that you find all of the information that you require quickly and easily but if you do have any comments then please contact us.
Check Entitlement Online
The Council provides an online-benefits checker to enable potential claimants to assess their possible entitlement.
Remember this calculation is an estimate based on the information you supply. For a full evaluation make a formal claim as soon as possible.
Click Here for the Online Benefit Calculator
Benefits Advisor (provided externally by Directgov)
Use the benefits adviser to...
- check which benefits you may be able to get
- get an estimate of the benefits, tax credits or pension that may be available
- compare estimates if your situation changes
- save your answers for up to seven days
- download/print results for reference
To answer all the questions you will need information about...
- earnings eg pay slips
- benefit/pension details
- outgoings, eg Council Tax, rent/mortgage, childcare payments
- if you rent a property from a private landlord, your Local Housing Allowance rate
OFFICE OPENING HOURS
BIDEFORD (Bridge Buildings)
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday: 9.00am to 4.30pm
Wednesday: 9.00am to 1.00pm
Thursday: 9.30am to 2.30pm
Friday: 9.30am to 1.30pm
Tuesday: 9.30am to 1.30pm
Wednesday: 9.30am to 2.30pm