Paying your Business Rates
Payment can be made online now or by using any of the following methods:
At our offices and at any local Post Office
Cashiers will be able to accept the following payment methods:
- Postal Orders
- Debit Cards
- Credit Cards(*) (Accepted in Torridge District Council offices only)
At the time of payment, please present your Torridge District Council bar-coded bill to the cashier. They will process your payment and return your bill to you, together with a receipt for payment. The amounts to be paid each month will be shown on your bill.
You can send a cheque made payable to Torridge District Council with your name, address and account reference number written on the back of your cheque to:
Torridge District Council, PO Box 24, Bideford, Devon, EX39 2YS
If your account number is not quoted your payment may not be correctly allocated to your account. Cheques that are post dated will not be accepted. Please note that when paying via the post office payments can take several days to reach your account.
Please do not send cash through the post.
You can also make credit(*) or debit card payments automatically by using our touch tone telephone service. This service can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To use this service please call 0300 7900 215 at any time. Calls will only be charged at the local rate even if you call from a mobile phone.
Alternatively, you can make credit or debit card payments by phoning the business rates team on 01237 428985 or 01237 428986 during office hours.
Internet Payment Facility
You can also make credit(*) or debit card payments over the internet. This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To pay via BACs quote sort code 08-90-02 and account number 61103577. Please ensure that you quote the business rate account number starting with 26.
By direct debit
How it works:
- Contact a member of the business rates team on 01237 428985/6 and provide your bank details over the telephone. The details will be confirmed to you straight away, and a confirmation letter will be sent to you within 3 working days.
- Alternatively, if you prefer you can complete a Direct Debit form and return it to Torridge District Council and we arrange payment with your bank or building society.
- we offer a choice of two payment dates, the first and the 15th of the month
You will be notified in advance of the payments and their due dates.
- You can cancel the instruction at any time by contacting your bank or building society.
- Money back guarantee - your bank / building society will make an immediate refund should payment ever be made which breaks the terms of your instruction.
All you have to do:
- Contact the business rates team on 01237 428985/6, or
- Complete the downloadable Direct Debit instruction and send it to: Torridge District Council, PO Box 24, Bideford, Devon, EX39 2YS
To pay by direct debit, simply download and complete the form on the right of this page.
Alternatively you can complete a direct debit instruction online here Business Rates Online Forms
(*) Please note: a 1.7% surcharge will be applied when making credit card payments