Pay your Business Rates
Payment can be made online or by using any of the following methods:
Internet Payment Facility
You can make debit or credit(*) card payments over the internet. This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
By Direct Debit
How it works:
- Contact a member of the business rates team on 01237 428985/6 and provide your bank details over the telephone. The details will be confirmed to you straight away, and a confirmation letter will be sent to you within 3 working days.
- If you prefer you can complete a Direct Debit form and return it to us and we will arrange payment with your bank or building society.
- We offer a choice of two payment dates, the first and the 15th of the month
You will be notified in advance of the payments and their due dates.
- You can cancel the instruction at any time by contacting your bank or building society.
- Money back guarantee - your bank / building society will make an immediate refund should payment ever be made which breaks the terms of your instruction.
All you have to do:
- Contact the business rates team on 01237 428985/6, or
- Complete the downloadable Direct Debit instruction and send it to: Torridge District Council, PO Box 24, Bideford, Devon, EX39 2YS
Alternatively you can complete a direct debit instruction online here Business Rates Online Forms
You can make debit or credit(*) card payments by using our automated payment line. This service can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To use this service please call 0300 7900 215 option 2. You will need your business rates account number. Calls will only be charged at the local rate even if you call from a mobile phone.
You can send a cheque made payable to Torridge District Council with your name, address and account reference number written on the back of your cheque to:
Torridge District Council, PO Box 24, Bideford, Devon, EX39 2YS
If your account number is not quoted your payment may not be correctly allocated to your account. Cheques that are post dated will not be accepted. Please note that when paying via the post office payments can take several days to reach your account.
Please do not send cash through the post.
By BACs or online banking
Make your payment to Torridge District Council quoting your business rates account reference number starting 26 and these details:
Bank: Lloyds Bank plc
Branch: 5 High Street, Bideford EX39 2AA
Sort Code: 30 90 78
Account Number: 29541760
Account Name: Torridge District Council receipts
At our offices or at any local Post Office
Cashiers will be able to accept the following payment methods:
- Postal Orders
- Debit Cards
- Credit Cards(*) (Accepted in Torridge District Council offices only)
At the time of payment, please present your Torridge District Council bar-coded bill to the cashier. They will process your payment and return your bill to you, together with a receipt for payment. The amounts to be paid each month will be shown on your bill.
(*) Please note: a 1.7% surcharge will be applied when making credit card payments