Housing Repairs Assistance
Services A to Z
Text Size
Text size: normal Text size: large Text size: extra large
In order to use Google Translation, you must first accept widget cookies via Privacy Settings below

In order to use AddThis Toolbar, you must first accept social cookies via Privacy Settings below

Related Links

Print Friendly and PDF



Housing Repairs Assistance

To enable homeowner-occupiers who live in non-decent homes to apply for financial assistance to return their homes to a decent standard.

Loans are aimed at households who live in non-decent homes, to assist with the costs of major works to return their home to a decent standard in line with current Government regulations and legislation

The maximum amount of assistance available is currently £15,000 for a loan (subject to affordability).

Loans are administered on behalf of the Council by Wessex Resolutions CIC a not-for-profit company.

If the Council deems your home to be below the current decent standard, then you could apply for assistance.  This assistance is entirely dependant upon availability at the time of your application.  The loans currently available via WHIL are: Capital & Interest Repayment, Interest Only, Capital & Interest Roll Up & Fixed Fee loan.

To qualify for a Fixed Fee loan you must be in receipt of one or more of the following benefits and be unable to afford one of the other loan products;

  • Pension Credit (guaranteed)
  • Income Support
  • Income based Jobseekers Allowance
  • Guarantee Credit or Pension Credit
  • Housing Benefit
  • Council Tax Support
  • Disability Living Allowance
  • Working and or Child Tax Credit (which must include the Disability Element)
  • War Disablement Pension

You must also have been resident at your property for three or more years, or to have been resident  in the Torridge area for at least 10 years out of the last 15 years.

You must be able to prove your title to the property.

Where loans are approved WHIL will require a charge on the property.

For further information, or to apply, please contact the Housing Renewal Team on: (01237) 428848 or e-mail: housing.renewal@torridge.gov.uk