Services A to Z
Text Size
Text size: normal Text size: large Text size: extra large
In order to use Google Translation, you must first accept widget cookies via Privacy Settings below

In order to use AddThis Toolbar, you must first accept social cookies via Privacy Settings below

Print Friendly and PDF




Information and advice on housing services provided by the Council and by Housing Associations in the Torridge area.

Cosy Devon is a council backed scheme offering a range of free and subsidised energy saving measures that can help you save energy and money.
Telephone 0800 0511 548 or click here to go to their website

Our main responsibilities are:

Helping people to apply for affordable / social housing (e.g. via Devon Home Choice)

Housing Advice and Options Service (for those needing advice about their current circumstances and any difficulties with housing).

Local Welfare Support (Moneywise) Service

Housing Renewal (information for private sector tenants, owners and landlords about services including grants, loansempty homeshouses in multiple occupation and energy efficiency).

Disabled Facilities Grants

Housing Strategies

The delivery of new affordable housing (enabling) is a function of our Planning service.

A number of links to other useful housing-related web sites appear in the Related Links section on this page.

Calling all empty property owners

Did you know Torridge runs a lease scheme whereby it will lease your property from you at an agreed rent for up to three years? Click here for more details.

Westward Housing (formerly Tarka Housing)

Following a stock transfer in December 2007, Torridge Council's housing stock is now owned by Westward Housing, a not-for-profit social landlord.

Contact Details;

Westward Housing, Tarka House, Clovelly Road Industrial Estate, Bideford EX39 3HN

General Enquiries: 01237 428080  Repair line: 0300 100 1010

Website: /

If you wish to be considered for Social Housing in the Torridge Area, either with Westward Housing or one of the other Registered Providers working in the district, please go to Applying for Social Housing.